Having been a banker for about 14 years of my career, I have found my new favorite dot org.
Kiva’s mission is to connect people, through lending, for the sake of alleviating poverty.
- People are by nature generous, and will help others if given the opportunity to do so in a transparent, accountable way.
- The poor are highly motivated and can be very successful when given an opportunity.
- By connecting people we can create relationships beyond financial transactions, and build a global community expressing support and encouragement of one another.
- Dignity: Kiva encourages partnership relationships as opposed to benefactor relationships. Partnership relationships are characterized by mutual dignity and respect.
- Accountability: Loans encourage more accountability than donations where repayment is not expected.
- Transparency: The Kiva website is an open platform where communication can flow freely around the world.
JUST AS OF THIS WEEK (for this week)…HERE ARE THE STATS:
- $1,844,575 lent out
- 1 loan every 11 seconds
- 24,690 lenders made loans
- 4,360 entrepreneurs were funded
- 98.99% REPAYMENT RATE TO DATE
Here is my lender profile EBROUSSARD …you can be a lender by signing up HERE and lend as little as $25. You get to pick the people and the business that you make the loan to…that’s kind of cool! Also join my lending team called the Kingdom Builders.
Remember you are making a loan…not giving your money away!
Don’t you want to be the bank?